Body radius for interaction/collision?

rdkirkden
Body radius for interaction/collision?

Post by rdkirkden » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:36 pm

Please can you tell me if the avatar/player/walker (not sure what the right term is) has a body radius in first person mode that determines when it enters and leaves active regions and when it collides with objects? And if so, what this radius is?

AdrianC

Re: Body radius for interaction/collision?

Post by AdrianC » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:04 pm

The player shape is a btCapsuleShape with radius 0.35 units and a height of 0.5 units

I hope that helps!

That object is used to determine collision boundaries although active regions are often point from the center of the object to the player. (Player midpoint must enter a region)

rdkirkden

Re: Body radius for interaction/collision?

Post by rdkirkden » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:27 am

Hi AdrianC, thanks so much for your reply!

Please can you tell me if it is the same for end regions as it is for active regions, i.e. player midpoint must enter a region for them to be considered to be inside it (so effectively they have no body radius for the purpose of determining region occupancy)?

And is it also the same for measurement regions that are defined in MazeAnalyser?

The reason this is important for me is so I can be certain that the region area used to determine occupancy is the same as the area of the region itself. If there was also a player radius to consider, then the the region area used to determine occupancy would be the area of the region plus the player radius (e.g. a player with a radius of 0.35 units would be scored as having entered a region when the player midpoint was still 0.35 units away from the region's boundary, so the region area for determining occupancy is region radius + player radius).